August 7, 2013

Testimony

Today I was at a prayer group and talked to some people, who told me their testimonies about how they became a Christian (I'm catholic). That made me things of some moments I felt God's presence. I wanted to tell you about some of them :)

1) When I was 13 I wanted a boyfriend SO bad. That was when I looked at my guardian angel picture I got for my baptism and started praying: Dear God, I want a boyfriend. I need someone to really, really love me and I want it sooooo bad. Please, give me a boyfriend.
One of the next days I was driving home from school and at the crossroads a boy crossed my path. He was on his bike as I was...I swear we looked in each others eyes for just some seconds..for the amount of time it takes you to cross the lights on your bike. And I swear again that it was this moment I fell in love. I didn't know his name, adress or anything about him. We didn't talk that day. And guess what? He became my first boyfriend in the end.
2) It was a thursday, 4pm. I needed to collect money for charity. I really needed this money and prayed 'God. Help me...Help me to get this money. And help me to notice you..through my environment: Moments, people, media..'  ..Then my mom came home and told me: Listen, you could ask the mayor for money.' I thought this was a good idea and looked up his phone number. In the internet I found this note: There is a citizens hour for every citizen to tell and ask whatever she or he wants every month. One hour, once a month. ...I was really upset and sad about that and then I saw it was the day. Thursday the 17th of June. And he was talking to people from 4.30pm - 5.30pm.
3) I needed an A+ to pass my final English exam..My grade before was an C-. Nobody believed in me: The principal didn't, my English teacher didn't, even my family secretly didn't (as they later on told me). And I prayed: God, please. Give me strength to not break down. Give me energy to learn. Send your holy spirit inside of my heart and give me an intelligent mind. Show me what I should learn and help me to learn it.
And guess whaaaat? I got an A+.
4) My boyfriend broke up with me and I was so sad, I got depressed. All my friends were there and my family was, but they didn't help, because my heart was aching so much. And then I met a new friend, who actually made me happy. He turned out to be a complete asshole. A big liar and cheater. I remember my best friend one day saying: I'm so glad you two were friends. He's such an asshole and a male slut, but he made you smile. It was obvious that he made you happy, when non of us couldn't.


Lots of Love xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment